2022 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
When it’s equipped properly, the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 13,000 pounds! That’s of course true when you choose the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine with the Max Trailering Package and 20-inch wheels. Still, 13,000 pounds is a whole lot to tow around Oshkosh and Campbellsport — and a whole lot more than you may need to tow. If not, there are plenty of other options out there for you, including the GMC Sierra 2500 and Sierra 3500 HD trucks. But for now, let’s dive right into how much a Sierra 1500 can tow.
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The GMC Sierra towing capacity for the 1500 Light Duty truck specifically is 13,000 pounds with the 4WD Crew Cab, Short or Standard Bed, 6.2L V8 engine, and Max Trailering Package. But you have a choice regarding how you configure your GMC Sierra. Here are some options for the maximum towing capacity:
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options for This Towing Capacity: 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab
- Wheel Style: 20-inch (downgrading to 18” wheels with all else being equal will decrease towing capacity to 11,700 lbs)
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
Looking to make the most of your towing experience in Waupun? These features help you do just that:
- Trailering Camera Package: This package adds on two side-view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing easier when you have a trailer in tow. It can also be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for greater visibility.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on which drive mode you’re in.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put your truck in Park to avoid rolling.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons situated on the center console give drivers the ability to manipulate and monitor the trailer brakes.
- Max Trailering Package: This package is needed to reach the 13,000-pound towing capacity. It equips your Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
Experience a GMC Sierra in Fond Du Lac at Holiday Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac
If you’d like to test the limits of the GMC Sierra, all you need to do is take one home today! We, of course, can help with that. Check out our new GMC Sierra 1500 inventory now. Don’t forget to explore our specials and value your trade online!
More from Holiday Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac
Looking for a spacious family-friendly SUV that has what you need to get you from Point A to Point B in style and with class? The 2022 Chevy Equinox is just such a vehicle! For this SUV, the maxim “It’s what’s on the inside that counts” most definitely applies. Why? The Chevy Equinox interior not…
There’s no shortage of choices available when it comes down to which of the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 trim levels will best meet your needs. But we know that with a claim like that, you will require proof. No problem! Consider this your definitive guide to the GMC Sierra configurations, which include models such as…
When it’s equipped properly, the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 13,000 pounds! That’s of course true when you choose the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine with the Max Trailering Package and 20-inch wheels. Still, 13,000 pounds is a whole lot to tow around Oshkosh and Campbellsport — and a whole lot…